Sunday, October 20, 2013

Shutdown Exposed

Good Evening Readers!

I hope everyone had a very productive week. The government has been shut down for a full 18 days and luckily, our elected officials have finally agreed on something to temporarily resolve this issue. I saw a very interesting statistic the other day about the shutdown that really left me scratching my head.

During the shutdown, supposedly 17 percent of the Government was actually shutdown. The reason for this 17 percent being shutdown was that it was considered non-essential to the government. I'm not a math major, but doesn't that leave only 83 percent of our government as essential?

The question I keep asking myself is why are the taxpayers of America paying for non-essential programs if they aren't necessary? I don't know if I have an answer.If this is the case, this is an incredible waste of our tax dollars. Has our government become too large? Are some of the programs we have truly non-essential?

 I would love to hear your opinions or comments on this matter. I hope you all have a great week and thank you again for reading! I hope to see you all again next week!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting...do you know which were considered non-essential and which are essential? It would be interesting to see what made each list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the top of my head, I don't know which are considered. I have the same opinion though. I'm very curious to see which made the list.

    ReplyDelete